Please read this policy. If you have any questions please contact us.
By using the site you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
This site is operated by Acuherbal and may be accessed in the UK and abroad. For personal information protection purposes in the European Union, Acuherbal is the controller and, unless otherwise noted, is also the processor of the personal information.
1. Privacy Officer
86 Peckham High Street
Or by email to: email@example.com
2. Collection of Your Non-Personal and Personal Information
Acuherbal collects certain kind of non-personal information, such as the website that referred you to us, browser type and language, and access times. We also may collect navigational information, including information about the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions taken in connection with our site. Limited demographic information, such as the industry you work in, may also be collected and may be linked to your personal information.
We only collect personal information about you after you have provided us with your consent to collect that specific information.
3. Personal information includes:
- information collected when you register or visit the site including your user name and password, your name, your mailing address, email address, IP address and phone number.
- information collected when you make a purchase including your credit card number and billing address.
- if you become a contributor, information collected when you sign up as a contributor including (i) banking and other financial institution information required in order for us to compensate you; (ii) any information required in order for us to prepare tax information slips; and (iii) a copy of your photo identification (for example, your driver’s license).
You may always choose not to provide personal information, but if you so choose, certain products and services may not be available to you.
4.Use of Your Personal Information
Acuherbal collects and uses your personal information to:
- create and manage your member account;
- process your transactions;
- provide customer service;
- perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies, including sending you surveys;
- to display content that is customized to your interests and preferences;
- to run contests, select entrants, and choose prize winners;
- to run Interactive Areas;
- if you are contributor to Acuherbal, to compensate you and to prepare tax information slips;
- if you are a contributor to Acuherbal, to identify your uploaded content as your content;
- to communicate with you about your transactions, new products and services including transaction-related communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, and purchase confirmations; and
- we may also send you marketing emails to inform you of new products or services or other information or offers that may be of interest. These marketing emails will come from Acuherbal. If you do not wish to receive marketing emails, you may contact us on 020 7635 6686 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to exercise any of your personal information protection rights (including the right to have your personal information deleted), please contact our Privacy Officer.
5. Disclosing Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may hire other companies to handle the processing of payments, to provide data storage, to host websites, to fulfil orders and shipments, to assist in marketing, to conduct audits, etc. Those third-party service providers (i) shall be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to provide the service, (ii) must protect personal information to the same extent as Acuherbal, and (iii) shall be prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
Information about our customers, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, or sale of the company and/or its assets, as well as in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information if required or permitted to do so by law.
6. Consent of Your Personal Information
7. Accessing Your Personal Information
If you would like to review or revise information that you previously provided to us, you may contact us on 020 7635 6686 or email us at email@example.com.
8. Personal Information Preferences
Acuherbal respects your right to make choices about the use and disclosure of your personal information. If at any time you decide that you do not want to receive marketing emails from us, please let us know by contacting us on 020 7635 6686 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you choose not to receive marketing emails, please be advised that you will continue to receive transactional or account communications and emails (e.g., confirmation emails and account balance statements).
Acuherbal uses “cookies” to enable you to sign in to our services and to help personalize and improve your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive or device. Cookies contain information, including personal information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. The information that cookies collect includes the date and time of your visit, your registration information, session identification number and your navigational history and preferences.
Cookies offer you many conveniences:
- They allow us to identify registered users when they return to the site so that they can retrieve previous image search results, access Boards, shopping carts, and view their previous invoices.
- Cookies also save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
- Cookies help to protect your security by checking your login details and may help prevent fraud.
- Cookies remember your preferences when using the site.
- Measure and analyse aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our users on our site. Information gathered may include, but is not limited to the following: activity of the user browser when the user is visiting the site, the site path of users, general information regarding the visitor’s internet service provider and host, and the time users come to the site.
- Remember our users’ previous search of products and services, and dynamically display more relevant content to them.
- Record users’ behaviour on our site, such as pages visited, emails clicked, forms completed and products and services purchased to create customized advertisements and communications that better meet your needs.
- Evaluate user traffic and behaviour on the site to compile activity reports for our internal use only.
- Conduct research and diagnostics to improve our products and services.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. Please be aware that the site is optimally designed to operate with cookies enabled in your Internet browser. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our site and services that depend on cookies but you will be able to perform basic navigation through the site. Disabling cookies may negatively impact your experience of the site.
10. Security of Your Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to help protect your personal information including without limitation:
- limiting access to your personal information to those of our employees who require it to provide services to you;
- requiring employees to sign confidentiality agreements to protect customer and other confidential information;
- ensuring that third-party service providers sign confidentiality agreements to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and not to use it for any unauthorized purposes;
- personal information collected is retained as long as it is reasonably required for the purposes it was collected;
- encrypting credit card information on our order forms using secure socket layer (SSL) technology; and
- storing your personal information in secure computer systems which protect it from unauthorized access or use.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If a password is used to protect your account and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential.
11. Forums & Other Interactive Services
Our sites may include discussion forums or other interactive areas or services, including blogs, chat rooms, bulletin boards, message boards, online hosting or storage services, or other areas or services in which you or third parties create, post or store any content, messages, comments, materials or other items on the sites (“Interactive Areas”). If you use an Interactive Area, you should be aware that these areas are open to the public and any personal information you post or provide at registration may be viewable by others. We are not responsible for personal information you submit in connection with the Interactive Areas, nor are we responsible for how others might use that information, including sending you unsolicited messages. Interactive Area postings may be retained indefinitely. If at any time you would like to remove a posting, please call us on 020 7635 6686 or email us at email@example.com. Keep in mind that removal of a posting from an Interactive Area does not mean that the posting will be deleted from our systems.
If you choose to use our referral services to tell a friend about our products or services, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will use that information to send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site, review the product or service you have selected and if they choose to join us, to track our referral services. We may use a third-party provider to administer this function, but any such third-party provider may only use the information submitted to facilitate this one-time email.
If you are the person who was referred (either by email or otherwise, including through our referral program by clicking on a link on a third-party site or email) and you choose to join us, your Acuherbal member name and any information you choose to put on your profile page may be viewable to the person that referred you so that they may track their referral services.
We do not intend to solicit or collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18 without parental consent. If you are under 18, you shall not use or enter information on this site, including without limitation, any Interactive Areas of the site without parental consent. Please contact us on 020 7635 6686 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the necessary parental consent forms.
We may link to websites, including those of our subsidiaries and third-party content providers that have different privacy policies and practices from those disclosed here. We assume no responsibility for the policies or practices of such linked sites, and encourage you to become acquainted with them prior to use.